Who is this Challenge for?
This Challenge is open to anyone who loves the great outdoors or wants to be familiar with nature. It is open to all ages, genders and races, within or outside Nairobi
Our Goal is to get people outdoors and to move at least 1km a day during 2019 in nature. We also aim at creating and developing a culture of getting outdoors at least once a week to gain inner peace, strength, community bonding and foster great friendships.
As avid hikers, we understand the benefits of spending time outdoors. Be it running or walking or hiking in nature even for as much as half an hour keeps us sane.
We believe that small distance done over a long period of time end up having a great impact on our lives. They help create healthy habits, build self – discipline and do wonders to the mind, body and soul.
And you are not alone. You can motivate your friends to join you and support you or get support through other TrailBlazers that you meet online. Working together to accomplish a goal is a great idea. And when you work together as a community, you also get rewarded.
How Do you become a TrailBlazer
Are you ready to take on a life changing journey? Are you ready to do whatever it takes to complete the challenge, including meeting new adventure partners and exploring places you have never been before?
If so, we welcome you to the challenge!
The goal of the Challenge is to help you get outdoors at least once a week for a year.
Most people start their journey here, and they never look back.
Upon Membership receive a Women who Hike Badge. Use this badge when sharing pictures of yourself getting in your Kilometers.
Unlock Levels as you progress and log in your Kilometers eventually leading to an automatic entry into our grand draw!
What are the benefits
Aside from the above mentioned aesthetic benefits you also get
- WWH Badge and gear
- Entry into a private Supportive and fun Facebook group just for participants
- Motivation and support workshops to conquer your 525 kilometers (meet & greet with motivational and sport personalities)
- Automatic entry into our Grand Draw if you complete your 525Km challenge by midnight 31 December, 2019.
- A Finisher’s Certificate
The culture we wish every “challenger” instills is one of support for each other. Together, we become stronger. Whether you are a beginner or advanced hiker, we know you will gain more inner peace, confidence, and camaraderie through our community. So what are you waiting for? Sign up today!
- For major hikes (Mt. Kenya, Mt. Kilimanjaro, etc) the KM don’t count
- Only walking, running and Cycling KM will be accepted
- Every entry must be supported with photographic proof which will be verified by our data analysts
- Winners will be determined by a Grand Draw held at the end of 2019.